The Big Girls Small Kitchen recipe was slightly different...I added black and green olives to the sauce (because I had them in the fridge) and 1/4 tsp of chili flakes. I also used olive oil instead of and water instead of chicken stock.
This turned out sooo good, tart and slightly acidic sweet from the tomatoes, briny from the olives, a slight kick from the chili flakes, and the sauce is sooo good on the chicken and the slightly melted mozzarella.
1 container of small cherry tomatoes
Olives (sliced, optional)
1/4 tsp of chili flakes
1 cup of water (or olive oil)
2 clove garlic (minced)
2-3 Chicken breast cut up into about 1.5 in pieces (I used chicken cutlets cuz its what I had)
- Pat the chicken pieces dry.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Heat ~1 tablespoon of olive oil and the chili flakes and 1 minced garlic.
- Add chicken to the pan and brown ~ 3 min on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the tomatoes (I cut them in half to shorten the cooking time) to the pan and the cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer about 10 min, the tomatoes will start to break down.
- Add the sliced olives and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, dried basil (or you can use fresh basil. I only had the dried kind).
- Place the chicken back into the sauce.
- Add a couple of balls of mozzarella (I used the Ciliegine sized balls, but if you have a bigger piece just cut it into medium sized cubes) directly into the pan
- Let simmer another 5 mins, until the mozzarella just starts to melt
- Serve. Enjoy !
Sooooo delicious!! *drools*
Remember ...stay consumed!