Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recipes: An Update!

I know, I know I have been neglecting the blog...but there are sooo many things going on right now. Work is crazy hectic, I am doing a second blog now with a bunch of friends called Brunchaholics DC, busy with Source Theater Festival, getting ready for Capital Fringe Fest, studying for a certification exam at work, and trying to enjoy the summer! So this poor blog is getting a little neglected....and I havent really been cooking at home...I've been eating out alot. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to try to make more of an effort to pay some attention to my poor little blog--so keep an eye out for some new summer-y recipes as well as several restaurant reviews!!

For today,  I wanted to do a quick update on some of the recipes I have shared....I have made a couple of them again....with some variations....

So a couple of weeks ago I made this Heaven on a Slice of Toast sandwich--bread brushed with artisan olive oil, delicious guacamole from trader joes, eggs with a little bit of creme fraiche, scrambled in a little bit of butter until it just sets, topped with salmon....well I've done this sandwich 3 more times....1 just like the first time, then I did one with egg and proscuitto, then one with just egg and guacamole....I cant get enough of this sandwich....I have no idea why I'm so obsessed with it!

I also took a second stab at the Spring Pasta. I was mad that I couldnt afford the avocado (lols) so I went to the Asian grocery store (where they were only $1.49 each, rather than $2.49 each!) and got some and re-tried the pasta....and I also got some pea shoots, but then I get home and realized I didnt have any eggs....so this version is slightly different:  pea shoots, peas, and some avocado and parmesan on top--super fresh, super delicious! Yum! Yum!


I hope you give these recipes a try--they turned out super yummy....so much so that I have repeated them a bunch of times....stay consumed!

No comments:

Post a Comment