The salmon adds that smoky savory flavor to the sandwich....This is definitely one of the best sandwiches I have had in a looooong time!
The eggs and guacamole and toast were soooo good by iteself, I think next time I might do it without the smoked salmon (since smoked salmon is a little bit expensive). Give this a try and stay consumed! :)
3 Tbsp. minced fresh chives, divided
2 Tbsp. crème fraîche (optional, but it really does add to the creaminess of the eggs)
6 large eggs
2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 large or 8 small slices sourdough, whole wheat, or pumpernickel bread, toasted
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Whisk 2 Tbsp. chives, crème fraîche (if using), and eggs in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, occasionally scraping bottom of skillet with a heatproof spatula to form large, soft curds, until just barely set, 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 2 slices toast on each plate.
- Put avocado into a bowl, mash with a fork, and season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mashed avocado over each slice of toast.
- Spoon eggs over avocado.
- Drape salmon slices over eggs
- Garnish with remaining 1 Tbsp. chives, and season to taste with pepper.