This easy, delicious recipe is inspired by 101 cookbooks. This is my ABSOLUTE ALL TIME favorite cooking/food blog.....her recipes are always delicious and she focuses on natural, whole foods so its even healthier for you :)
This one was quick and easy to do...I think it took me 5 minutes to prep and about 5 minute to cook it....and it came out delicious and so "fresh" tasting. Instead of using pea shoots I used spinach because that was what was available at the store....I also added some peas. I had that leftover chives from last week's salmon sandwich so i added it to the eggs. I didn't add the avocado on top because its apparently now too expensive for me to buy avocado (well it was $2.49 for ONE avocado...which is ridiculous!!). I think next week I am going to go to the Chinese grocery store where fresh veggies are like 1/3 of the price as the regular American grocery stores and try this again with some rapini or pea shoots and DEFINITELY w/ some avocado......in the meantime....this was pretty delicious.....give it a try and stay consumed!
8 ounces / 225 g cooked, leftover pasta
fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 big handfuls of sliced asparagus, and/or pea shoots, or tiny broccoli trees, or shredded greens - anything quick cooking and fresh
- Use your fingers to fluff up the leftover pasta a bit, so its not clumpy or stuck together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl crack the eggs and beat them really well with a pinch of salt.
- In a big skillet melt the oil and butter over medium high heat.
- If you're using a vegetable that might take longer to cook than others, add those to the pan - for example, asparagus or broccoli.
- Add a couple pinches of salt, stir, cover, and cook for a couple minutes. Until the vegetables are bright, and just cooked.
- Now stir in anything that just needs a quick flash of cooking - in this case pea greens, but chopped greens would go in at this point if you're using those.
- Stir, and cook just until tender - a minute or so.
- Pull about 1/3 of the vegetables out of the pan and set them aside.
- Now, add the pasta to the skillet, and toss well.
- Once the pasta is hot, turn down the heat, wait a moment, then quickly stir in the eggs.
- Stir well, then cover the pan, remove from heat, and let everything sit for a minute.
- Uncover, give everything another toss, the egg should be cooked through.
- Taste, and adjust the seasoning before serving.
- Top with the reserved vegetables, and some chopped avocado.