1 tablespoon olive oil
4 Chicken legs (I ended up using boneless skinless chicken breasts ~3 lbs)
1 can light coconut milk
1.5 cups of chicken stock
1-2 teaspoon of Thai red curry paste (depends on how spicy you want it)
1 cup Jasmine rice
2 red bell peppers (cut into 1 in pieces)
8 oz of fresh green beans
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, cook chicken until browned, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate (chicken will cook more in step 2).
- To pot, add coconut milk, broth, 1/2 cup water, and curry paste; bring to a boil, and stir in rice.
- Add chicken (with any juices), arranging pieces in a single layer.
- Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until rice is almost tender, 15 minutes.
- Scatter bell peppers and green beans on top of chicken mixture; cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Easy and Delicious!