This Chicken with Potato and Kale is simple but flavorful. You basically throw everything in a roasting pan and pop it in the oven. The veggies help keep the chicken moist. Give this a try...you wont be disappointed!
8 chicken legs (I used the thighs....but you can also use whole chicken legs or chicken breasts. If you use the whole chicken leg or big chicken breasts, make a cut at the joint so the chicken will cook all the way through )
1.5 lb kale (I "cheated" and used the ones from the grocery store that have already been stemmed, cut, and washed)
1 medium onion sliced very thinly
1.5 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/4in thick
Fresh Ground Pepper
Lemon wedges (optional, for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large roasting pan toss the kale, potatoes, and onions with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure that the kale, potatoes, and onions are well coated with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken (top and bottom) with salt and pepper and paprika. I didn't really measure how much salt and pepper I used...just kind of guesstimated. Sprinkle generously with the salt and the paprika.
- Set the chicken in the pan on top of the vegetables (nestle them in a little bit)
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes
- Serve the chicken and veggies with a lemon wedge for extra flavor.