Friday, November 2, 2012

Consumed by Music: Will Hoge

Today's entry is going to be a short one (I have to go bake and decorate 40 cookies and cake pops for an event this weekend) and its not even food related!

When I started this blog it was supposed to be about food....but I also knew that my life is consumed by other things...and today....I was consumed by music....the music of Will Hoge to be exact. I spent the day listening to his music...if you dont know who he is....go check him out at http://willhoge.com/wired/

What actually started it was I saw that Will's song Even If It Breaks Your Heart which was recorded earlier this year by the Eli Young Band was nominated for the 46th Country Music Awards for Song of the Year...it  remind me how much I love Will's voice...so I spent the day listening to his music on Spotify.

Even If It Breaks Your Heart is the story of how Will got inspired by music, his touring, and the blood, sweat and tears he has put into his music. Despite the fact that he has yet to "hit it big" the song is not about set backs but about his determination and his optimism.  It got me thinking how amazing Will's voice is...how everytime I hear it, I get drawn in to the song and how I can feel the raw emotion coming from him as he sings. This man is in a word...AMAZING. I just don't understand how he hasn't "hit it big" yet.

The Eli Young Band's recording of the song is great and I love that it gives Will some exposure...but no one can sing this song like Will. With every word you can feel the emotions, the love, the time, the dreams that Will has invested.

Take a listen to the 2 versions and let me know  if you agree. Let me know which you like more.

Will Hoge version:
Eli Young Band version:

1 comment:

  1. Each version has its strengths. I hadn't heard this song before. I like it.

    ReplyDelete