When I make burgers, alot of times I like to add a little bit of extra flavoring...this time, I used a packet of powdered ranch dressing. I have also used powdered soup mixes before--onion, beef, or mushroom are pretty good. It gives the burgers some extra flavor. I also had an onion in the fridge that I needed to do something with, so I made some caramelized onions to go on top. Delicious and oh so comforting!
1 lb ground turkey (makes about 3 good sized patties)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Mix
Salt and Pepper to taste
Slices of Cheese (I used Munster, but you can use whatever you want)
- Add the packet of seasoning mix to the ground turkey. Add salt and pepper and other seasonings if you want (garlic powder, chili powder if you want it spicy)
- Mix with your hands (dont overmix or it will be dry)
- Form into 3 (or 4) equal sized patties. Make sure that its not too flat (or it will be dry) or too thick (wont cook through). You can decided if you want 3 or 4 patties. I think 1/3 lb patties are good....1/4 lb patties are too thin lols....
- Cook in a little bit of olive oil. About 5 minutes on each side.
- When the burgers are done, add a slice of cheese on top and give it a minute or so to melt and then place on the bun
- Add your choice of condiments (caramelized onions, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes) and enjoy!