Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ranch Turkey Burgers

Its cold outside an it makes me want comfort food...thats probably noticeable from the meals/recipes I have posting this week lols....I had a pack of ground turkey in the freezer and figured I had better put it to use so I decided to make turkey burgers.

When I make burgers, alot of times I like to add a little bit of extra flavoring...this time, I used a packet of powdered ranch dressing. I have also used powdered soup mixes before--onion, beef, or mushroom are pretty good. It gives the burgers some extra flavor.  I also had an onion in the fridge that I needed to do something with, so I made some caramelized onions to go on top. Delicious and oh so comforting!


Ingredients: 

1 lb ground turkey (makes about 3 good sized patties)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Mix
Salt and Pepper to taste
Slices of Cheese (I used Munster, but you can use whatever you want)

Directions: 



  1. Add the packet of seasoning mix to the ground turkey. Add salt and pepper and other seasonings if you want (garlic powder, chili powder if you want it spicy)
  2. Mix with your hands (dont overmix or it will be dry)
  3. Form into 3 (or 4) equal sized patties. Make sure that its not too flat (or it will be dry) or too thick (wont cook through). You can decided if you want 3 or 4 patties. I think 1/3 lb patties are good....1/4 lb patties are too thin lols....
  4. Cook in a little bit of olive oil. About 5 minutes on each side. 
  5. When the burgers are done, add a slice of cheese on top and give it a minute or so to melt and then place on the bun
  6. Add your choice of condiments (caramelized onions, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes) and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment