Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gettin' Saucy

OK. I just got home from a pumpkin beer and food tasting and I'm a little drunk and kind of tired....so this is going to be a short post. The pumpkin tasting was with the guys at DC's Smoke and Barrel (one of my fav BBQ places in DC)....who has this Chipotle Honey Butter sauce thing that I love...I could eat that over EVERYTHING....so this got me thinking about sauces I love...and I remembered I had those 2 sauces that I bought back from Peppers of Key West:  Blackberry Chipotle Sauce and a Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila Sauce.


When I first bought these suaces....I was putting them on everything....you should definately get a bottle of each and give it a try...

The Blackberry Chipotle is a little tart, just a little sweet, and that lovely smokey spiceness of Chipotle tha I love. As for the other one....Pineapple, Coconut, and Mango are my three favorite flavors....and its got Tequila in it...how could it go wrong lols?










What can you do with these sauces you ask...well lots. For the Blackberry Chipotle I used it as a marinage and a sauce to pour over pan roasted duck breast (picture below), roast pork, grilled steak, and chicken.

The Pineapple Coconut Mango Tequila sauce....I cooked a little less with...but I did put it over chicken which was good but a little too sweet for me....What I found this was good in was baked brie (puff pastry wrapped around a round/hunk of triple cream brie, with the sauce poured over it, wrapped up and baked) ...OMG.....the sweetness of the sauce and the creamy fragrant brie was a match made in heaven.


Gotta go lay down now lols....and as always....stay consumed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment