All you need is:
2 sheets of Puff Pastry
~15-20 cherry tomatoes, sliced (i used heirloom tomatoes)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of crumbled feta (guesstimate amount to our liking)
~ 10 leaves of fresh basil, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly flour your working surface.
- Make an egg wash with 1 beaten egg and about a tablespoon of water.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and cut strips about 1 inch wide.
- Build a box like shown below with the strips around the edge of the 2nd sheet. Place each sheet on the side and brush each layer with the egg wash to make it stick better.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of sheet so it doesn't puff up.
- Place the slices of tomato on the bottom, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 min, the pastry will be just starting to puff and brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with feta.
- Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes and remove once the pastry has puffed and browned and the feta is slightly melted.
- Sprinkle with basil, drizzle with a little olive oil.
This tart was super easy to make and soooo delicious and a perfect use for the box of heirloom cherry tomatoes I had sitting in the fridge....give this a try and stay consumed!