Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You Don't Always Have to Go It Alone

So this blog is partially because someone, Goosey of Glamour of Tragedy, says she can never try my recipes or cook things I put up cuz they always have meat in them....sooooo.....this is an all vegetarian meal.

Although I have to be honest, I cheated....just a little bit....I let Wegman's help me out...but no one said everything on here had to be made from scratch right? Just delicious :P and this it was.

 I started with a box of Wegman's Mushroom Pierogies. I put them in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, take them up and put them in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. I also heated up some frozen mix veggies....












Doesn't it look delicious? The Pierogies were deelicious! The dough was not too thick, and perfectly flavored. I like pan frying them because it gives them a little bit of extra flavor and crunch....but you could just as well boil them and eat them like that. The filling consisted of mashed potatoes and mushrooms. The potatoes were smooth and had a fragrant mushroom taste and aroma.


The entire meal cost me about $5 AND i had enough left over for a 2nd meal (so really...the meal cost $2.5--score!) 

Goosey...go give this a try :) and here's to hoping you're all (all 6 of my subscribers...haha!) are consumed by life! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never heard of pan-frying pierogies before!!!!!!!! They usually just boil them like pasta, right? That's genius! It looks really good~~~~~ Perfectly browned, yummm... LOL, just becuz u only have 6 subscribers doesn't mean other ppl aren't reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think pan-frying is the ONLY way to do pierogies as far as i'm concerned. :) anne, try carmelized onions over 'em next time. Then you use the same pan for the pierogies for extra oniony flava. *slurp*

    ReplyDelete